Encouraging and promoting safe and fun bicycling throughout our community
Bikes on Rice rides start at the Kalena Park at 4:30 PM, the 2nd Saturday of each month (effective Saturday, February 12, 2022). We will be starting & finishing at Kalena Park, meeting at 4:30 PM, pau by 6:15 PM.
These are safe, slow-paced fun rides throughout the surrounding neighborhoods designed for all ages and abilities. Bring any kine bike! The rides last about an hour so bring your own water. We recommend flat repair kits and helmets (state law requires helmets for kids under 16). We’ll have trained team members throughout the course for anyone that needs assistance.
COVID-19 New Guidelines and Safety Precautions
Bikes on Rice Safety COVID-19 precautions include:
- No congregating in the county parking lot prior to the start of the ride
- Practice standard social distancing
- Participants will touch only their own family group’s equipment
- No mechanical assistance will be offered or provided
- No food or beverages will be offered or provided by event coordinators
- Coordinators recommend participants’ mask usage
- Participating cyclists will be limited to six or fewer riders per SQUAD member & bicycling group
- SQUAD members will serve as guides for the pre-determined tour on Lihue’s quiet streets
We want people being comfortable riding through town. The more bicycles you see, the more you’ll expect to see them. More safety. It’s not the Spandex bicycle crowd. It’s just regular folks riding bikes around the neighborhood.